Part Properties are editable part attributes and metadata. This article describes the available Part Properties and Actions and how to access them.
- How to Access Part Properties and Actions
- Common Part Properties
- Common Part Actions
How to Access Part Properties and Actions
- Within Documoto, go to Admin Center > Content > Parts > select a desired part.
- Select the desired Property or Action from the sub-navigation menu within the Editor.
Common Part Properties
Below are the Properties publishers can use across all parts.
Info provides general information about the part. The following properties can be edited and updated here:
- Part Number: An ID that uniquely identifies the part
- Supplier: The company that supplies the part
- UOM: The units by which quantity is measured (each, per foot, etc)
- Orderable: Shows if the part can be added to the cart and purchased
- Visible: Shows if the part number is visible to end users
- Translations: The translated display names and descriptions for the part
- Thumbnail Image: The image that will appear in Search Results and Info in the Library for the part
- Tags: The metadata or keywords that are used for searching and filtering to find the part
Comments allow publishers to create, update or delete comments for the part.
Related allows publishers to relate media to the part.
Attachments allow publishers to attach a file from your local computer to the part.
Pages Where Used
Pages Where Used shows all pages within Documoto that contain the selected part.
Media Where Used
Media Where Used show all media within Documoto that contain the selected part.
Pricing allows publishers to set and manage Global Pricing as well as override pricing at the Organization level.
Order Suggestions allows publishers to add and manage parts that will be suggested to the end user when the selected part is added to cart.
Common Part Actions
Below are the Actions publishers can use across all parts.
Supersede allows publishers to replace an existing part with one or more other parts, in every Parts Page where the old part is found. The old part number is deleted but remains searchable via tags so that content can be found using the old number or the new number(s).
Note: This action cannot be undone.
Create Assembly allows publishers to insert a selected page wherever the viewed part is found, automatically connecting the part and the selected page through a hotpoint link. You can optionally restrict the insertion to only selected books.