Tempalte Properties are editable template attributes and metadata. This article describes the available Template Properties and Actions and how to access them.
- How to Access Template Properties and Actions
- Common Template Properties
- Template Actions
How to Access Template Properties and Actions
- Within Documoto, go to Admin Center > Content > Templates > select a desired template.
- Select the desired Property or Action from the sub-navigation menu within the Editor.
Common Template Properties
Below are the Properties publishers can use across all templates.
Info provides general information about the template. The following properties can be edited and updated here:
- Identifier: An ID that uniquely identifies the media.
- Type: The type of media the template is being created for
- Translations: The translated display names and descriptions for the template.
- Thumbnail Image: The image that will appear in Search Results and Info in the Library for the media.
- Tags: The metadata or keywords that are used for searching and filtering to find the media.
Table of Contents
The Table of Contents allows publishers to create, update or delete the Table of Contents (chapters & pages) for a Book.
Access Controls allows publishers to set who can see templates in the library.
Tip: in order for a template to be viewable in the Library for
any user, it must have at least one Organization and at least
one Media Category assigned in its Access Control settings.
Comments allow publishers to create, update or delete comments for the template.
Related allows publishers to relate content to the template.
Attachments allow publishers to attach a file from your local computer to the media.
Print Settings allows publishers to customize the Print Settings template for an individual media item, as well as customize the cover and stitch pages.
Below are the Actions publishers can use across all types of templates.
Copy to Media
The Copy to Media feature allows publishers to create a new media using the existing template.