Documoto supports the concept of 'shared' or concurrent access to the library via 'Generic' user accounts. A username with the 'Generic' flag allows multiple people to log into the same username in Documoto concurrently. The username can have multiple sessions active at the same time, which includes users accessing Documoto with the same username from multiple devices and/or from different locations.
Note: generic user licenses are not included in any of
Documoto's standard subscription levels or pricing plans.
If you would like to add shared or 'generic' users to your
subscription, please contact email@example.com or your
assigned Customer Success Manager for a quote.
How Generic User Accounts Differ from Named Users
- Multiple users can log into the same username concurrently (including from different devices and/or locations)
- The shopping cart is unique to the session for generic users (i.e. if two users are logged into the same generic user account, and they are both adding to their cart, Documoto will not combine the items they are adding between their two separate sessions)
- The shopping cart contents do not persist between sessions (i.e. if a user adds items to the cart then either logs out or their session expires, the next time they login the cart will be empty)
- 'Favorites' are not supported for generic users
- 'Notifications' are not marked as 'read' after a generic user opens a notification (i.e. if a user reads a required or non-required notification, Documoto will still alert the next user that logs into the generic account that there is a notification)
How to Enable a Generic User License
If you have purchased a generic user license for your subscription, you have the ability to enable that license for the username that will be used for shared and concurrent access to Documoto.
- Log in as a Tenant Administrator to the Documoto library
- Go to the 'Admin' drop-down and select 'Tenant Admin'
- Click on 'Users' from the left navigation area
- Search for the user you want to apply the license to
- Double-click on the user to open the User Properties
- Check the 'Generic' flag and save