Prior to uploading PDFs documents to Documoto, publishers should ensure that the PDF is optimized for web loading. This is especially important for large documents that can take a long time to download from a web server.
Publishers can optimize PDFs for web loading by enabling the 'Fast Web View' property, which restructures a PDF document for page-at-a-time downloading (byte-serving) from web servers. With Fast Web View, the web server sends only the requested page, rather than the entire PDF.
- How to Verify that an Existing PDF is Enabled for Fast Web View
- How to Enable Fast Web View for an Existing PDF
How to Verify that an Existing PDF is Enabled for Fast Web View
- Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat.
- Select File > Properties.
- In the lower-right area of the Description panel of the dialog box, verify that the Fast Web View setting is enabled.
- If the Fast Web View property is not enabled, refer to the next section.
How to Enable Fast Web View for an Existing PDF
- Open the PDF.
- In the Preferences dialog box under Categories, select Internet.
- Ensure the Allow Fast Web View property is enabled.
- Click OK.
- Choose File > Save As. Select the same filename and location.
- When a message appears asking if you want to overwrite the existing file, click OK.
Note: the instructions to enable fast web view may differ
slightly for Windows and Mac users. If needed, please review
the reference link below for instructions from Adobe.