This article describes how to use the Documoto Exporter module, which is a module that can be used to export Documoto Book type content for import into other Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) solutions.
Note: the Exporter module is only available to customers with
an Exporter subscription add-on. If you are interested in
using the Exporter module, please contact your Documoto
Customer Success Manager.
Note: Customers with Exporter access may have one or more
of the following export options enabled.
Each export output format is described in detail below:
- Documoto Archive: a standard export format, which exports a Documoto book into the source Documoto format; specifically, a .mdz (“media document zip”) file, which is a zip file that contains the following:
- Media Table of Contents (.xml file): defines the media attributes (name, tags, related media) and the structure of the table of contents (e.g. which pages belong to the TOC and in what order)
- Page Content (.PLZ): an MDZ will contain a PLZ for each page that is contained in the book; each individual page or PLZ is also a zip file that contains the following elements:
- Page Parts List (.xml file)
- Page Diagram (.png file)
- Diagram Hotpoint Location Data (.svg file)
- Thumbnail Images and Attachments (.jpg, .png, .tif and .pdf files)
- LinkOne: a custom export format, which exports a Documoto book in a .zip with LinkOne LDF and XML formatted content
- SmartEquip: a custom export format, which exports a Documoto book in a .zip with SmartEquip XML formatted content
How to Export Documoto Content
Note: users must belong to a User Group with the Exporter
privilege enabled to access the Exporter module.
- Within Documoto, select the Admin drop-down > Exporter.
- Select the Export Format on the top left of the page.
- Click +Add Books to open the media selector modal.
- From the Add Media modal, search for the books(s) that you want to export.
- Select the book(s) by clicking on them or selecting the checkbox next to them.
- Click Select to add a book but remain in the Add Media modal to search and add any additional books needed.
- Click Select and Close to add the books and return to Exporter.
- Verify the books that were selected for export.
- Remove individual books by clicking the X icon on the right of the book row, or remove all books in the list by clicking Remove All.
- Click Export to submit the export jobs to the Job Manager.
- Check the export job status and download your exported books from the Account drop-down > Job Manager.
Note: Exporter limits the number of books that can be exported
in one export batch to 10.