Publishers can quickly and easily use templates to create new books in the Publisher module. Below are instructions for creating books from templates.
- How to Create a New Book from a Template
- What Media Properties Can be Modified Within a Template
- What Media Properties Can be Modified Within a Book’s ‘Media Properties’ or Table of Contents, Only
How to Create a New Book From a Template
- Log in to Documoto.
- Click on the ‘Admin’ drop-down and select ‘Publisher.’
- Open the ‘Template Manager’ under the ‘Management’ section of the left navigation pane.
- Search for the template you wish to create a media from using the search and filtering option in the ‘Template Manager’ selector panel.
- Select the template by clicking on it
- Select the ‘To Media’ button.
- Enter a book identifier in the ‘Identifier’ field following your organization’s standard book naming conventions.
- Click the ‘Create’ button.
- After clicking ‘Create’, the Publisher module will open up the ‘Media Properties’ panel for that book within the ‘Media Manager.’
- In the ‘Translations’ table, double-click into the ‘Name’ field to update the new book’s name and description to the appropriate book name.
- Modify the book properties as necessary.
- Ensure that access controls are set by clicking the ‘Access Controls’ button.
- Add or remove information from the Table of Contents by selecting the ‘Table of Contents’ button and making changes.
- Save your changes in the ‘Media Properties’ panel when you are done.
NOTE: It is important to remember that certain information can
be transferred from a template that you may not have seen in
the ‘Template Properties’ window. Check all of the following
properties in both lists to ensure that your book contains the
What Media Properties Can be Modified Within a Template
- Tag Names
- Tag Values
- Content within the book's table of contents (e.g. pages, chapters, etc.)
What Media Properties Can be Modified Within a Book’s ‘Media Properties’ or Table of Contents, Only
- Access Controls
- Print Settings
- Offline Options
- Chapter and Page Properties