This article reviews how to find Part information in the Documoto Library.
- Where to Find Part Information
- How to View Part Information on the Part Info Screen
- How to View Part Information on a Page
Where to Find Part Information
In the Documoto Library, part information can be found:
- On the Part itself on the Part Info screen
- On the Page that includes the Part
- In the Book that contains the Page with the specific Part
How to View Part Information on the Part Info Screen
- Within the Documoto Library, search for the part number or name you want
- From search results, click the part Name to open the Part Info screen.
The Part Info screen will display basic part information including Name, Number, Created on Date, and Last Updated Date when selected. Certain user privileges may make the following and additional part information available:
- Image: thumbnail image associated to the part
- Add: allows users to add the part to shopping cart by specifying a quantity and clicking Add
- Price: displays part pricing (up to three tiers)
- Tags: displays additional part attributes (e.g. Weight, Price Code, Status, etc.) associated to the part
Users can select any of the following tabs to view additional information associated to the part:
- Comments: displays any comments related to the part.
- Related: displays any content related or attached to the part (as defined by an administrator).
- Where Used: displays all pages and books where the part can also be found.
- Suggestions: displays parts that are typically ordered with the specific part the user is viewing and add them to the shopping cart.
How to View Part Information on a Page
- Within the Documoto Library, search for the part number or name you want.
- From search results, select a Book or a Page.
- Selecting a Book will open the first Page the Part is included on. The part will be highlighted on the BOM and the diagram will zoom to the corresponding hotpoint (callout)
- Selecting a Page, will highlight the BOM row the Part is found on and zoom in to the corresponding hotpoint (callout) on the diagram
When viewing an interactive Page, part information can also be viewed in:
- The bill of materials/parts list
- The Part Info Preview at the top left of the diagram pane
- The Part Info Preview displays associated part attributes, such as: part number and name, and icons that indicate if the part is orderable (shopping cart icon) and if there are related items, comments, or tags associated to the part.
To view more information associated with the part, simply click on the Part Number or Part Name to launch the Part Info page.