This article reviews how to find information specific to a part number in the Documoto library.
How to View Part Information on an Interactive Parts Page
Before viewing any part information, you first need to navigate to the appropriate interactive parts page.
- Login to Documoto.
- Browse through the taxonomy structure or use the search bar to find the parts catalog or book which contains the part information.
- If there are chapters, navigate through the chapters and sub-chapters until you find the interactive parts page that contains the parts you want to view.
- Click on the page to open it.
Part information can be viewed in three separate areas once you are in an interactive parts page:
- By clicking on the hotpoint, a small pop up box will appear in the top left of the digram pane. This will show you the Part Number, Part Name, Tags icon (if any tags have been applied to this part), as well as the option to add the part to the shopping cart.
- Note: By clicking on the hotpoint, the corresponding part will be highlighted in the BOM
- Part information can also be viewed in the parts list or BOM table.
- Click the part number in the parts list or BOM table, to open the detailed Part Information screen.
Part Info Screen
The Part Information screen allows users to view basic part information including: name, number, created on date and the last updated date when the Info tab is selected.
Depending on your privileges, the following additional part information may or may not be available:
- Image: thumbnail image associated with the part
- Add: allows users to add the part to shopping cart, by specifying a quantity and clicking 'Add'
- Price: displays part pricing (up to three tiers) below the basic part information
- Tags: displays additional part attributes (e.g. Weight, Price Code, Status, etc.) associated to the part
Users can select any of the following tabs to view additional information related to the part:
- Comments: displays any comments related to the part
- Related: displays any content related to the part, as defined by an administrator
- Where Used: lists all other books and pages where the part can also be found
- Suggestions: displays parts that are typically ordered with the part that the user is viewing; in the Suggestions screen, users have the option to add any suggested parts to the shopping cart