This article describes how to find information specific to a part number in the Documoto library.
Viewing Part Information on an Interactive Parts Page
Before viewing any part information, you first need to navigate to the appropriate interactive parts page.
- Login to Documoto.
- Open the media shelf containing the parts catalog or book you need to find part information in.
- If there are chapters, navigate through the chapters and sub-chapters until you find the interactive parts page that contains the parts you want to view.
- Click on the page to open it.
Once you are viewing an interactive page, part information can be viewed in four places:
- When your mouse is hovering over a hotpoint, part information is summarized in a small box next to the hotpoint.
- Note: By clicking on the hotpoint, the corresponding part will be highlighted in the BOM.
- Part information can also be viewed in the parts list or BOM table.
- By clicking on a hotpoint, you will see a part preview next to the callout. This part preview will contain links to comments, related items, tag information, and the ability to add to shopping cart, open the part information window and follow a hotpoint link.
- You can open a detailed ‘Part Info’ window by clicking on the information icon in the parts listing or in the hotpoint part information menu.
Part Information Viewer
- Image: Part image thumbnail.
- General: General part information including name, part number and quantity.
- Add to Cart: Button to add to shopping cart from the part information window.
- Pricing: Part pricing will be listed below the ‘General’ part information section.
- Tags: Shows all tags and tag values associated to the part.
- Suggested Parts: Other parts that are typically ordered with this part can be added to the shopping cart in a scrollable ‘Suggested Parts’ section.
- Comments: Allows you to preview the comments related to the part, and open the comments window.
- Related Items: Related items are listed in a click-through format, or the user can open all items related to this part.
- Where Used: Lists all of the other books where the specific part can also be found.