In Documoto, status values allow administrative users to communicate the status of an order or quote, as well as regulate the frequency of email notifications.
Note: end users have the ability to view the status of their
past order(s) and/or quote(s) in Account > Orders.
- Default Status Values
- How to Create a Custom Status Value
- How to Update the Status of an Order or Quote
Default Status Values
Documoto has three, default status values:
- Open: the state of an order/quote when an end user is populating the respective form and has not yet clicked Submit
- Submitted: the state of an order/quote when the form has been populated and sent via email for approval, fulfillment, etc.
- Note: submitted is the default status value for all orders or quotes
- Canceled: the state of an order/quote when the form is voided
How to Create a Custom Status Value
In order to accommodate the varying workflows that Documoto customers may use, administrators have the ability to create custom status values. Some common examples of custom status values include processed, picked, packed, shipped, and delivered. Follow the steps below to create a custom status value.
- Login to Documoto
- From the Admin drop-down, select Tenant Admin
- Under the ‘HTML Order Management’ section, select Status Values
- Click New
- Enter a unique value in the ‘Status Code’ field
- Note: the status code is unique ID for the status and is not viewable by end users
- In the Translations grid, click Add to define the status value name and associated local
- Note: translations are viewable by end users
- Optional: determine the sequence of the status, as it relates to other statuses
- Ensure the Enable checkbox is checked
- Click Save to create the status
- Repeat steps #4-9 to add any additional status values to the Status Values table
How to Update the Status of an Order or Quote
Note: in order to the update the status of an order or quote,
the user must be in a user group that has the ‘Order Approver’
- Login to Documoto
- From the Account drop-down, select Orders
- Click on the Order Number to view the order details
- In the upper left, the current status of the order or quote is displayed.
- Click on the status drop-down and select the appropriate status
- Click Update to the update the status of the order, as well as any additional fields within the form that may also need to be updated.