This article describes how users can view News Items in the Documoto Library. News Items are communications created by administrators or publishers for updates, announcements and more. Notifications may also include attachments, external links, or relevant Documoto content.
- How to View Required Reading Notifications
- How to View News Items
- News Items Symbols
- News Items Statuses
How to View Required Reading Notifications
- Upon logging into Documoto Library, select the notification title in the ‘Required Reading’ modal.
- Note: if you close the ‘Required Reading’ modal or click Ok without opening the notification, the notification is considered unread.
- Once the notification has been viewed, and any attachment(s) opened, the notification status will be updated to a green checkbox.
Required Reading Notifications
Required Reading notifications are critical announcements that must be viewed and any attachment(s) opened.
Note: if you do not open the attachment(s), related link(s),
or media item(s) in ‘Required Reading’ notification, the
Required Reading notification will be considered unread.
If the Required Reading notification is not opened upon login, the user will continue to be notified each time they login that there is a critical, unread Required Reading notification. Furthermore, a red indicator will remain to right of the Account drop-down until the notification is viewed and any attachment(s) opened.
How to View News Items
- Within the Documoto Library, click on Account > News Items.
- The News Item page will display all notifications and the notification's associated status and type.
- Click on the notification title to view it. Check the bottom of the notification for any attachments, external links, or related media items.
Click Close to close the notification.
News Items Symbols
- Exclamation Point : indicates the notification has not been opened
- Checkbox : indicates the notification has been opened
News Items Statuses
- Red : an unopened, required notification
- Yellow : an unopened notification
- Green : an opened notification