This article describes how to export an interactive parts Book to PDF format for download, as well as how to export Pages and Chapters.
Note: Pages can be exported in PDF or PLZ format
Exporting interactive content is beneficial for users who require a hard-copy or offline access to content.
Note: Export options are only available for Pages and Chapters
within a Book. In other words, Documoto does not support
exporting content outside of the context of a Book.
In the Documoto Library, users can export interactive content at the Book, Chapter and Page level. Depending on the type of content, different export format options are available:
- Book: PDF
- Chapter: PDF
- Page: PDF or PLZ
Note: if you are not able to see the Export button at the
Book, Chapter or Page level – please check with your Documoto
administrator to verify if printing privileges have been
disabled for your user account.
How to Export Interactive Content
- Within the Documoto Library, search for a Book you wish to Export or containing content (chapters or pages) you wish to Export.
- Navigate to the Book, Chapter or Page you wish to Export.
- Within the content viewer, click the Export button at the upper right.
- In the Export modal, define the Export settings:
- Section: select Book, Chapter, or Illustration (Page)
- Format: for Illustrations (Pages) only, select the file format (PDF or PLZ)
- Options: define how the TOC will be displayed (All, None, or Chapters Only), page size (letter, legal, etc.), orientation and other print settings (2-sided, images only, etc.)
- Locale: select the language
- Click Submit
- Documoto will redirect you to the Job Manager to download the content
- Once the export is complete , click the blue download link.
- The export will download to your computer.
The Job Manager
All exported content must be retrieved from the Job Manager (Account > Job Manager). When using the Job Manager, consider the following:
- The Job Manager displays all submitted Export and Publisher jobs in a list.
- All Export and Publisher jobs are user-specific.
- Every job will have an associated icon representing its status.
- To refine the Job Manager results, you can:
- Filter by Type or Status
- Or, browse previously submitted jobs using the pagination options at the bottom left
- For large export jobs such as books, your export may still be processing when you are redirected to Job Manager. While the Export is processing, users can perform other actions in the Library and check on the status of a job at a later time by navigating to Account > Job Manager.