Since users are not always able to access a computer or mobile device, Documoto has a solution that allows users to export interactive content, such as parts books, chapters and interactive pages, into PDF format for offline viewing.
Note: export options are only available for chapter
and interactive page content within an interactive book.
In other words, Documoto does not support exporting of
standalone, interactive (PLZ) pages if outside of the
context of a book.
For information on how to download static content, such as PDF documents or images, please refer to: How to Download Static Content.
Documoto Rocket allows users to export interactive content at the book, chapter and page level. Depending on the type of content, different export format options are available:
- Book: PDF
- Chapter: PDF
- Page: PDF or PLZ
Note: if you are not able to see the 'Export' button at the
book, chapter or page level – please check with your Documoto
administrator to verify if printing privileges have been
disabled for your user account.
How to Export Interactive Content
- Log in to Documoto.
- Using your preferred searching method, navigate to the book you wish to export, or to the book that contains the chapters or pages you wish export.
- Navigate to the lowest level in the book that you wish to print (e.g. page, chapter or book).
- Within the book, chapter or page viewer, click the Export button at the upper right.
- In the Export modal, define the export options.
- Note: the export options may differ, depending on which level of the book you are in. The below screenshot displays the export options when exporting from the page level.
- The Toc (Table of Contents) Options are described in detail below:
- Toc All: includes all of the pages and chapters in the printed table of contents
- Toc Chapters Only: includes only the chapter titles in the printed table of contents
- Toc None: a table of contents is not printed
- Click Submit.
- Documoto will redirect you to the Job Manager to retrieve your export.
- The Job Manager displays all submitted jobs in a list.
- Jobs are specific to a user.
- Each job will have an associated icon on the left representing the job's status.
- To refine the Job Manager results, you can filter by 'Type' or 'Status', or browse previously submitted jobs using the pagination options at the bottom left.
- For large export jobs, such as books, your export may still be processing when you are redirected to Job Manager. Users can perform other actions in Documoto and then check on the export at a later time by navigating to Account > Job Manager.
- Once the export status is complete , click the blue download link.
- The export will download to your computer.