In Documoto, there is an option to indent items within a bill of materials ("BOM") to visually represent an assembly. The indentation indicates to users that the items listed beneath the parent are a part of one assembly and/or will be included with the purchase of the parent item.
Below are instructions for creating an assembly within a BOM:
- Open DocuStudio.
- Start by creating a new page in DocuStudio or opening an existing page.
- Next select the parts you would like to indent from the BOM, this can be one or several.
- In the example below, items 12-18 have been selected to indent beneath item 10.
- When the items are selected, you can use drag and drop to move items to a new location. A horizontal line will appear when you drag to the middle of a row.
- Drop the selected items over the parent, by letting go of the left click of your mouse
- Once the assembly is created, a carrot will appear to the left of the top level item; open or close the carrot to view the child items.