DocuStudio requires the latest version of the Java platform be installed on your computer in order to run. This article provides step by step instructions to link DocuStudio to Java, in order maximize memory and performance.
Once Java has been successfully installed, link Java to DocuStudio by following these steps:
- Select ‘Settings’ option from the Docustudio top right corner drop-down.
- Select the ‘Java’ tab.
- Click on the ellipses icon next to the Java Executable box
- For PC users, navigate within your File System to:
- Computer “C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\” and select the “java” application file
- For Mac users, navigate within Finder to System:
- Note: File path may vary depending on if you have 32-bit or 64 bit java installed. The example above shows the file path for 64 bit java. If you installed 32-bit Java and are having trouble locating Java 8, check the file path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\”.
- Click the ‘Open’ button and then the ‘Save’ button