In Publisher, the Page Manager allows publishers to access page properties and page information directly, without having to navigate down through a book's table of contents.
In this article we will describe how to open the Page Manager, search in Page Manager, create static pages, as well as review the standard page properties that can be managed within Page Manager.
- How to Open Page Manager
- How to Search and Filter Pages
- Indexed and Recently Created Views
- How to Create a Static Page
- How to Manage Page Properties
- How to Update a Page Name
How to Open Page Manager
- Login to Documoto
- From the 'Admin' drop-down, select 'Publisher'.
- On the left navigation pane, click on the 'Page Manager' option under the 'Management' section.
How to Search and Filter Pages
In the Page Manager, there are several search and filtering options that can help publishers to identify and open the pages they are looking for. Each search and filter field is described below:
- Name: Searches for the page name based on the current locale your user-preferences are configured in. If your locale is to Français, and you looking for an English page name, you will not be able to find that media.
- File: Searches for the page filename, which is assigned at the time a page is created, and ends in a file extension of ‘.svg’ for interactive pages or standard file-extensions for static pages (ex. .pdf, .doc., .mov, etc)
- Identifier: Searches for the media identifier of a book that the page can be found in
- Updated: Filters by a last ‘Updated’ date range
- Tag: After selecting a ‘Tag’ name from the list box of tags available for pages, a ‘Tag Value’ field searches for pages based on the tag value applied
Indexed and Recently Created Views
The 'Indexed' view is the default selection in the Page Manager and shows all pages that have been successfully indexed. In other words, the pages have been processed by Documoto and are searchable and/or filterable in the library by users. This view is sorted in reverse Updated Date order, so the most recently updated pages appear at the top.
The 'Recently Created' view shows all recently created pages, regardless of their indexing status. In other words, this view will display all pages - even if certain pages have yet been indexed fully. This view is particularly useful for publishers users to verify if pages have been successfully published from DocuStudio to Documoto.
Note: pages that have not been indexed are not searchable in
This view is sorted in reverse Created Date order, so the most recently created pages appear at the top.
How to Create a Static Page
- In the Page Manger, click the 'New' button to launch the Create Page pane.
- In the Create Page pane, select the relevant type from the 'Type' drop-down.
- Click 'Add From System' button to launch the Document Selector pane, which will allow you to add an associated page file from your Documoto server, based on the 'Type' you selected previously.
- Note: If you don’t see the static file that you are attempting to turn into a page in the ‘Selector’ panel, you can publish the static file through Docustudio to make it available in the ‘Create Page’ file selector options.
- Note: the ‘Page File’ value on a page is automatically saved as the page filename that you are uploading.
- In the Translation grid, click 'Add' to add the page name; add additional translations as needed.
- In the Tags grid, add any applicable tags by clicking ‘Add’.
- Click 'Create' to create the page.
Managing Page Properties
The ‘Page Properties’ panel is a centralized location to manage and update page information.
- Translations: Contains the page name value for all translated page name locales
- Change: Allows Publishers to apply a page thumbnail to the page by selecting an image file from their computer
- Illustration: Contains page editing tools, including diagram editing tools, page_part (local) properties and a hotpoint link management component
- Related: Where external media can be attached to a page, or existing media can be related to a page
- Comments: Where comments related to the page can be added, updated, replied to or deleted
- Tags: Allows Publishers to apply meta-information (such as serial numbers, keywords, model information, etc.) to the page
- Print: Opens the ‘Print Manager’ to print the page to a PDF or to archive
- Media Where Used: Displays a list of all of the media that the page can be found on
How to Update a Page Name
- In the Page Properties pane, click into the ‘Name’ cell that you wish to update within the 'Translations' grid.
- Update the name and click out of the cell.
- Click ‘Save’.
- If a 'Save' pop-up appears, select whether you want to change the page name for ‘All’ or only ‘Some’ instances of the page.
- If you select ‘Some,’ you can apply tag criteria for the equipment or media you want to apply the page name change to.
- Click 'Next'.
- In the Save pane, uncheck any of the media you do not want to apply this change to.
- Click 'Save'