This article describes how to use part supersession to replace an old part number with the new one and reflect the update across all books where it was used. You can still refer and search by an old part number since it becomes a tag after being superseded.
Occasionally a part changes in size, function, etc. prompting a change to the part number and in turn, a change in all parts catalogs where the part is used.
- Within Documoto Admin go to Content > Parts.
- Search for and select the part.
- Click Supersede Part from the left navigation menu.
- Click + Add Existing Part.
- Search for and select part to supersede old part.
- Click Select.
- Click Supersede.
- Click Supersede to confirm.
- Click Return to Parts List.
Note: Once the supersession is complete, Documoto will
automatically apply a part tag called "Superseded Part Number"
with its value being the original/old part number.