Within Documoto, your organization structure is essential to ensure the right content is delivered to the right people. In Documoto, organizations can be, and often are, your customers. However, organizations can also be used to provide different pricing models, prevent certain users from ordering parts, or customize the look and feel of order/quote forms and printed parts books.
Access Control Considerations
Your tenant's organization structure also impacts how access controls for content are inherited. In Documoto, access controls have reverse inheritance. As such, access controls are set at the lowest organization ("child organization") in the organizational hierarchy. Those controls are then inherited upwards by the child organization's parent organization(s). Whereas, granting access at root or parent organization does not make the content accessible to any child organizations.
How to Change an Organization's Parent Organization
- Under the Admin drop-down, select Organization Admin
- On the top of the left navigation pane, select Manage Organizations
- In the Manage Organizations pane, you can rearrange the organization structure by dragging and dropping organizations within the hierarchy
- Click on the carrots to expand the hierarchy and find the organization within the tree
- To move a child organization to a different parent organization, select the child organization and drag to the desired parent organization and drop
- Your changes will be saved automatically