The Bulk Insert feature allows a publisher user to update multiple books simultaneously by replacing a page in bulk. This feature also allows pages to be inserted before or after specific target page locations.
Note: the Bulk Insert Page feature does not apply to templates
in the Template Manager.
Before performing a Bulk Insert, identify the following:
- Source page: the page that is being inserted or replacing another page.
- Target page: the page that is being referenced to insert the source page or that will be replaced by the source page.
How to Bulk Insert a Page
- Within the Documoto Admin Center, go to Content > Pages.
- Search for and select the Source Page that you wish to bulk insert.
- Click Bulk Insert under Actions in the left menu.
- Under Step 1, click Select Target Page to open the Target Page selector modal.
- Search for and identify the Target Page that you wish to either use as a reference to insert the source page, or that you wish to replace.
- Click the radio button next to the page you wish to target.
- Click the Select button.
- Scroll down to Step 2 and select whether you would like to:
- Insert Source Page BEFORE Target Page
- Insert Source Page AFTER Target Page
- Insert Source Page and REMOVE Target Page
- Scroll down to Step 3 and select whether you would like your action to apply to:
- All books that have the Target Page
- Some books that have the Target Page
- If you selected 'All books that have the target page', click Submit to complete the Bulk Insert.
- If you selected 'Some books that have the target page', click +Add Books.
- From the Select Books modal, search for the books(s) that you want the bulk insert action to apply to.
- Select the book(s) by clicking on them or selecting the checkbox next to them.
- Click Select to add a book but remain in the book selector modal to search and add any additional books needed.
- Click Select and Close to add the books and return to Bulk Insert.
- Click Submit to complete the Bulk Insert.