A part is added to Documoto through a page. In other words, publishers cannot create or add parts to the Documoto database outside of the context of a page. Below are a few options to add a new part to Documoto.
Create a New Page
If you do not have an existing page in Documoto that the new part number applies to, create a new page to add the part to. For more information on creating pages, please watch this video: How to Create a New Interactive Parts Page
Open an Existing Page
If you already have an existing page in Documoto that needs a new part added, refer to: How do I open a page to edit a BOM or diagram?
Creating New Parts in DocuStudio
- With a page open in DocuStudio, use the Insert Row button to the left of the parts list
- This will create a new blank row at the bottom of the parts list
- Fill it out with an Item Number (if applicable), Part Number, Part Description, Quantity, and any Tags using the gear on the right of the row
- Save the PLZ from the ‘File’ tab on the top left of Docustudio
- Then, go to the ‘Publish’ tab and click ‘Upload’ to publish the PLZ to Documoto
- After the PLZ has successfully published, the page will be available in the Publisher module to be added to a book (if it not yet already).
Note: it can take up to a few minutes for the page to index
and the new part number and information to become available in