From time to time, it is necessary to make an edit or update to a page that has already been published to Documoto. From a simple edit to a complete overhaul, its never better to start from scratch, it's always better to update/edit the existing page that is currently in Documoto.
Below are the two methods used for opening or downloading your page from Documoto to make edits.
Download an Existing Page to Edit from Documoto
You can open existing pages by printing to “PLZ” from Documoto. You can print pages to PLZ, a DocuStudio editable format, from Documoto by following these steps:
- Log in to Documoto
- Search via the search bar or taxonomy to find the book the page is located in
- Click the print icon on the top right of the page
- In Page Options, select ‘Save as PLZ’
- Click ‘Submit’
- Go to the Job Manager (found in the top right hamburger menu in Documoto) and you’ll find the PLZ ready to download
Open Existing Page in DocuStudio
The second option to downloading the page from Documoto, is to simply open the page in DocuStudio directly from the server. The advantage to this is you're editing the most up to date information and you don't have to worry about overwriting any tags or other data. To open a page directly from the server in DocuStudio, please follow these instructions:
- Open DocuStudio and login
- In the top left of the 'File' tab, click 'Open'
- 'Open' will create a pop up box, click 'Browse Server'
- This will open the Server File Explorer. From here you can search by the filename, page name, and view either indexed or recently created pages. When you have your page selected click 'Open'