In Documoto Rocket, users have the ability to search for and within any text-selectable PDF document.
Note: the PDF Viewer is a native to the application. In other
words, Documoto does not rely on any browser plug-in’s to
display static content, such as PDFs.
- PDF Search Methods
- PDF Viewer Toolbar
- Searching Non-Text-Selectable PDF's
PDF Search Methods
Users have two methods to search within a PDF:
- Invoke a global search using the search bar
- Invoke a search within the PDF Viewer
Note: to optimize system and search performance, Documoto only
indexes the first 250,000 words of a PDF document.
More information on each of these methods can be found below.
Invoke a Global Search (“Deep Search”)
In Documoto Rocket, search can be used to globally search all content that has been made available to a user, including within text-selectable PDF documents. In other words, Documoto’s searching functionality can “deep search” within any PDF document for a part number, keyword, etc.
- Login to Documoto
- From the landing page, input a keyword, part number, etc. in the global search bar
- Invoke the search by clicking the magnifying glass icon or by hitting Enter on your keyboard
- From search results, click on the appropriate document and/or filter by Type: Document
- Upon selection of a document, Documoto will carry and perform the search within the document. All matching search terms will be highlighted.
- The magnifying glass icon will display the search term and number of matching instances; users can utilize the back and forward arrows to navigate to all matching instances within the document.
Invoke a Search Within the PDF Viewer
- Login to Documoto
- Navigate to the PDF you wish to search
- In the upper right corner of the PDF viewer, click the magnifying glass icon to launch the PDF Viewer search bar.
- In the search bar, enter a search term(s). Documoto will indicate the number of matching results to the right of the search term(s).
- The arrows can be used to go to the next or previous result.
- Matching results will be highlighted.
PDF Viewer Toolbar
Allows users enable:
Indicates the number of pages for a particular document; users can use the page forward and back arrow to navigate the document or input a page number to jump to that page
Allows users to browse and/or select the document
Allows users to zoom out (minus symbol) and zoom in (plus symbol)
Allows users to view one entire page or fit the document to screen
Allows users to perform a full-text search of the document, as well as list the number of results for a given term, walk through the results using the forward and back arrows and highlights all occurrences of the search term in the document.
|Allows users to print the document|
|Allows users to download the document and/or 'Report an Issue' to the content owner|
Searching Non-Text-Selectable PDF's
If a PDF is not text-selectable, you can utilize your browser's 'Find' feature to search for a keyword on a Documoto Rocket webpage. This functionality is very similar to Documoto Rocket's PDF Viewer, with slight aesthetic differences, depending on your browser of choice. Most browsers support the following 'Find' hot keys:
- Mac: Command + F
- Windows: Ctrl + F