In Documoto, publishers can create a variety of content types that can be viewed within the Cloud Library, such as interactive parts books, documents, videos, and more.
However, Documoto does not support every file type. As such, publishers can create a link, referred to as "external media", to link to or display a defined URL within the Library.
Follow the instructions below to create an external media or a link to external URL:
- Login to Documoto
- From the Admin drop-down, select Publisher
- Within Publisher, Media Manager will be selected by default
- Click New
- In the 'Create Media' pane, specify a unique identifier
- From the 'Type' drop-down, select ExternalMedia
- In the Url textbox, input a valid URL
- Enable the 'Open in new browser?' checkbox, if you would like to the URL to open in a new browser tab
- Alternatively, leave the 'Open in new browser?' checkbox disabled if you would like the web page to open within a Documoto content viewer
- Specify a translation(s) for the external media by clicking Add
- As-needed, add relevant tag(s)
- Click Create to create the external media
- Apply access controls to make the external media accessible to necessary users