With the increasing reliance on ERP and Inventory Management Systems, many dealers no longer have the need for manual entry shopping cart systems. Many of our customers have users that store all of the information about their parts in an inventory management software. This software often allows dealers to create purchase orders and export them into XLS or CSV files.
Recognizing this, Documoto has developed a shopping cart import tool. Using examples of your dealer or end-user purchase order XLS spreadsheets, you can now configure standard import file formats. Simply by selecting the format of the spreadsheet they are importing, end users will no longer have to add the parts they want to order on a line by line basis. Instead they can import the contents of their order, and simply submit the shopping cart using Send to ERP or the standard PO and RFQ submission forms.
To start, you will need a copy of the XLS order format that your customers will be importing.
Below is an example:
In order for your dealers to be able to import orders, they must have three key pieces of information:
- Part Number (must match part number in Documoto)
Note: if end users are not exporting at the least the first
two pieces of information (Part Number & Quantity) in their
.XLS order spreadsheets then you will not be able to configure
the import format, and they will not be able to import their
Configure Import Formats
Note: in order to use the ‘Import’ function in the shopping
cart, you must have ‘Enable Shopping Cart Import from XLS’
enabled. Please contact your Customer Success Manager or
firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this feature.
- Login to Documoto.
- In the ‘Admin’ drop-down, select ‘Tenant Administration.’
- Select ‘Import Formats’ in the ‘Shopping Cart’ section.
- Click ‘New’ to add a new import format.
- Click ‘Add’ in the ‘Format Name’ table to add an import format name.
- Note: The name you give your ‘Import Format’ will be visible to all users under any organization that you allow access to ‘Import’ in the shopping cart. We recommend using inconspicuous names to avoid any potential issues or concerns from your dealers or customers.
- Double-click into the ‘Name’ field and type the import format name.
- Continue to click ‘Add’ and enter import format name locales (translations) as needed.
- In the ‘Supplier Mappings’ table, map you supplier code from your dealer’s spreadsheet to the ‘Documoto Supplier’ code. Click ‘Add’ in the table and then enter the supplier value in the ‘Spreadsheet Supplier’ field.
- Note: Suppliers do not have to be mapped if the ‘Supplier Column’ drop-down is left blank.
- Next, map the ‘Part Number Column,’ ‘Quantity Column’ and ‘Supplier Column’ from your example spreadsheet. If there are merged cells in the spreadsheet, choose the first column value in the merged column range.
- Set the ‘Import Starting Row’ based on the first row in the spreadsheet that contains part order information.
- Click ‘Save’ to save the new import format.