In this article, we will be discussing how to order parts via the shopping cart import function.
The ‘Import’ option in the shopping cart is only available to users who have a customized import format available to them. This format is configured by Documoto Administrators based on a sample purchase order or request for quote from your ERP system or inventory management software. Your Documoto site provider should provide you with your customized import format information.
How to Use Import in the Shopping Cart
- To begin, you must have the exported XLS order spreadsheet from your ERP system available on your desktop.
- Next, log in to Documoto.
- Click on the ‘Cart’ tab to open the shopping cart.
- Select the ‘Import’ button in shopping cart editing tool bar.
- Click ‘Browse’ next to the ‘Select File’ field to find your XLS order document on your desktop.
- Select your customized import format from the ‘Select Format’ table.
- Click ‘Import’ to complete your shopping cart import.
Shopping Cart Import Errors
After clicking ‘Import’ you may be brought to an import errors window that forces you to acknowledge that cart lines were not imported. If you are not sure why you reached this screen, contact your Documoto login provider.
Some common errors include:
- Unknown partNumber/supplier combination: The combination of the part number and supplier code in your spreadsheet does not match Documoto’s part records.
- Invalid supplier key found in column: Your supplier key has not been mapped correctly by the Documoto tenant administrator.
- Non-numeric quantity found in column: One of the quantities listed in your spreadsheet is not a number.