In this article, we will review how to add multiple diagrams or images to interactive page and how to remove them in DocuStudio.
- Adding Additional Diagram(s) and Image(s) to a Page
- Removing Diagrams from a DocuStuido Page
- Diagram Limitation for Windows and Adobe AIR Users
DocuStudio has a feature to allow additional views of an assembly to be added to the same page. The intent of this feature is to capture another view of the same assembly or detailed parts that may be obscured within that assembly. This was not intended to capture large engineering assemblies with hundreds of BOM items into a single parts book page.
NOTE: For larger assemblies, it is advantageous to use
multiple pages, rather than many diagrams within one page.
Having a huge BOM to scroll through makes the interface not as
friendly on the Documoto interface and also does not lend
itself well to the traditional printed parts books, where the
image is on one side with a corresponding BOM on the other.
Adding Additional Diagram(s) or Image(s) to a Page
If a BOM or parts list has more than one diagram associated to it, users have the ability to add additional diagrams to their parts page in Docustudio. Below are the instructions for adding additional images or diagrams to a Docustudio page:
- Following the same exact process of adding a single diagram to the Docustudio page, you can simply copy you high quality image and click into the Diagram area of Docustudio and press ‘Ctrl V’ on your keyboard.
- To add an image from a saved file on your computer, click on the ‘Add Diagram’ button on the top right of the ‘Page’ ribbon.
- Find the image in the correct file location.
- Click ‘Open.’
- You may navigate between pages by using the ‘Diagram’ drop-down on the top of the ‘Diagram’ window.
Removing Diagrams from a DocuStudio Page
- If you have multiple diagrams, first check that you are on the right diagram image that you want to remove.
- Click the ‘Remove Diagram’ button in the ‘Page’ ribbon to remove the diagram.
NOTE: If you add the same diagram back into Docustudio after
removing it, you will have lost all of your auto or manual
hotpoints that were previously applied to that diagram.
Diagram Limitation for Windows and Adobe AIR Users
There is a limitation with Windows and Adobe AIR to where approximately one gigabyte of RAM is available for all diagrams added in DocuStudio. If the memory of the diagrams exceed what is available, DocuStudio will freeze and will need to be restarted.
To remedy this, the following options are available:
- Create a chapter made of pages to better illustrate the relationship of the diagrams to the page.This is preferred not only for better system performance but also creates a much better user experience in the library.
- Use an operating system other than Windows, such as Macintosh.
- Reduce the size or the resolution of the diagrams such that they do not collectively consume a gigabyte of memory. The memory allocation can be viewed in the task manager under the Processes tab.