This article describes how to troubleshoot common errors in the DocuStudio.
Error After Initial Download of the DocuStudio Application
After downloading and installing DocuStudio, per the How to Download and Install Docustudio article, if you are not immediately prompted with the Settings pop-up upon login, there is likely a security setting interfering with the installation of the application.
This error typically happens when the DocuStudioo install file is downloaded to a protected folder. To install DocuStudio successfully, please follow these steps:
- Un-install DocuStudio from your computer
- Delete the downloaded file and DocuStudio folder created on install
- Re-download DocuStudio to an unprotected folder
- Install DocuStudio
Java Memory Errors
Java is required to hotpoint pages in DocuStudio. If the diagram fails to load or if auto-hotpointing fails, the primary cause is that the Java memory is not high enough.
For DocuStudio to function properly, the Java Executable file path needs to be defined in the Java Settings, and the memory should be set to the highest possible setting (e.g. 4096m).
If you receive a processing error when uploading an interactive page from DocuStudio to Documoto, check the following prior to contacting the Documoto Support Team:
- Ensure DocuStudio is connected to the Internet.
- If you are connected, there will be a green circle to the left of your Username at the top right corner of the application.
- If you are not connected, there will be a red circle to the left of your Username at the top right corner of the application.
- To re-connect, save any publishing work, close DocuStudio and re-launch the application.
- On the Page tab, there is a Validate button that will check your page for any issues.
- Warnings will not cause processing failures, but Errors will.
- Resolve all Errors before attempting to publish your page.
If the issue persists, please contact the Documoto Support Team and provide them with your DocuStudio.log file, found here:
- Windows: C:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\Roaming
- Mac: Users\[Your User]\DocuStudio