Within Page Manager, the 'Illustration' editor allows publishers to make minor modifications to page diagrams, including modifying, adding or removing hotpoints. Additionally, publishers can access page part properties, as well as the global part properties panel for updating or modifying part information. Publishers can also create hotpoint links through the Illustration Editor, which is described in this article: How to Create and Manage Hotpoint Links in Documoto.
- Opening the Illustration Panel
- Editing Part Diagrams in the Illustration Panel
- Illustration Editing Tools
Opening the Illustration Panel
- Login to Documoto using your username and password.
- From the 'Admin' drop-down, select 'Publisher'.
- Under the 'Management' section of the left navigation pane, select 'Page Manager'.
- Find the page containing the diagram you wish to edit by using the 'Page Manager' filter and search options.
- Double click on the page, or highlight it in the page selector grid and click the ‘Open’ button to open the ‘Page Properties’ panel.
- In the ‘Page Properties’ panel, click the ‘Illustration’ button.
Editing Part Diagrams in the Illustration Panel
- Follow the steps above to open the 'Illustration' panel.
- Use the diagram editor toolbar to make changes to the diagram. Find a list of the types of changes you can make with the 'Illustration' pane below.
Illustration Editor Tools
The ‘Toggle Callouts’ icon toggles the hotpoints on the diagram on and off, in order to be able to view the original callouts found directly on the diagram image.
The ‘Move Callouts’ icon, when enabled, allows you to move hotpoints on the diagram.
The ‘Create Callouts’ icon allows Publishers to create hotpoints from the ‘Illustration’ editor. Publishers create the hotpoint by selecting a ‘Callout Item’ number that matches a part in the BOM, and clicking on the diagram to place the corresponding hotpoint on the diagram.
The ‘Delete Callouts’ icon enables Publishers to delete unwanted hotpoints in diagrams. Hotpoints are deleted by the Publisher simply clicking on the hotpoint in the diagram to highlight it, then selecting the ‘Delete Callouts’ button, as shown below:
Increase/Decrease Size of Callouts
The next two icons are 'Increase Size of Callouts' and 'Decrease Size of Callouts' and they simply function the way that the label implies. The 'Increase Size of Callouts' button increases the size of all hotpoints on the diagram, and the 'Decrease Size of Callouts' button decreases the size of all hotpoints on the diagram.
Managing Local Part Properties
- Open the 'Illustration' panel following the steps listed above.
- Select the part in the BOM that you wish to edit on a local page level by clicking on it.
- In the 'Local Part Properties' panel you can make local changes to the page part quantity, unit of measure, disable ordering and/or hide the item on the specific page you are working on.
- Note: Documoto’s definition of 'Page Part Properties' are properties that are 'local' to a single page, whereas 'global' properties affect all instances of that entity in the Documoto user-interface.
- 'Local' should be used if you wish to make changes to the item on a specific page ONLY.
- If you wish to make a change to the part in general on all pages that the part can be found on, use the ‘Part Properties’ or ‘Global Part Properties’ options.
- Add any page specific tags by clicking the 'Tag' button and then 'Add' in the Tags panel.
- Once done click the 'Close' button in the 'Tags' panel, and then 'Save' in the Page Part Properties panel to save your changes.