In this article, we will review how to modify a page's properties within DocuStudio.
The page properties that can be defined or updated in Docustudio include: page filename, page name and page tags. To change any of these properties in a page through Docustudio, follow the instructions below.
How to Modify the Page Name and Page Tags
- Open the .plz page you wish to edit
- Select the Page tab
- Click on the Page Properties button
- In the Page Properties window, you can update both the page name and tag values:
- To edit a page name or description, double-click into the 'Name' or 'Description' cell that you want to edit within a row in the 'Translations' table.
- To add or edit a tag use the 'Tags' table. You can add tags by clicking the 'Add' button in the 'Tags' table. You can edit tags by using the 'Name' dropdown in the 'Tags' rows to change the tag type, or double-clicking into the 'Value' cells to update tag values.
How to Modify a Page Filename
Unlike page names or page tags, page file names must be changed in the ‘File’ tab in Docustudio. Page filenames are unable to be edited within the ‘Page Properties’ window.
Note: modifying the page filename will create a new page in
- Open the .plz page you wish to edit.
- Select the File tab.
- Click the Save As button.
- In the 'Save As' window, edit the 'Filename' field to update the page filename.
- Note: the page filename should follow your company's standard naming conventions for pages.
- Click the Save button.