Comments can be added to parts, pages, chapters, books or static media through the Documoto user-interface, as well as through the Publisher Module in Documoto. This article contains instructions for managing comments in the Publisher module.
- How to Open the Comments Manager
- How to Add Comments to Entities
- How to Edit Existing Comments
- How to Reply to Comments
- How to Delete Comments and Replies
How to Open the Comments Manager
- Log in to Documoto.
- From the 'Admin' drop-down, select 'Publisher'
- On the left navigation pane, select the relevant manager (e.g. Media, Page or Part), depending on what type of entity you will be adding or editing comments to.
- In the 'Manager' selector panel, search and/or filter to find the relevant entity.
- Open the relevant entity properties by double-clicking on it, or by selecting it and then clicking the ‘'Open' button.
- Once in the ‘Properties’ panel, select the 'Comments' button.
How to Add Comments to Entities
- Once in ‘Comments’ in Publisher, select the ‘Add’ button.
- In the ‘Create Comment’ window, enter the comment text and format as needed.
- Check off the ‘Set as Public’ check box if you would like to make the comment available for both your parent and child organizations. If you leave this box unchecked, only your organization and your parent organization will be able to view the comment.
- Click ‘Create’ to save.
How to Edit Existing Comments
- While in the ‘Comments’ panel for the part, page, chapter or media you wish to edit, find the comment you want to edit in the ‘Comments’ table.
- Click on the comment, and then select the ‘Edit’ button.
- Make your changes as needed and then click 'Save'.
How to Reply to Comments
- While in the 'Comments' panel for the part, page, chapter or media you wish to reply to, find the comment you want to add a reply to in the'Comments' table.
- Click on the comment, and then select the 'Edit' button.
- Click the 'Reply' button below the comment.
- In the 'Edit Reply' window, enter your reply and then click 'Save'.
- Click 'Save' again to save the new reply.
Note: The reply inherits the 'Public' option set for the
How to Delete Comments and Replies
- To delete a comment, find the comment in the 'Comments' grid and then select the 'Delete' button.
- To delete a reply, find the comment in the'Comments' grid and then select the 'Edit' button.
- Once in the 'Edit Comment' window, click the 'Delete' option on the reply.
- Confirm that you want to delete the comment.