Comments can be added to Parts, Pages, Chapters, Media, or Templates. This article contains instructions for managing comments in the Admin Center.
- Comment Visibility
- How to Add Comments to Content
- How to Edit Existing Comments
- How to Delete Comments
Before creating or editing existing comments, it is important to understand who can see a comment that has been added to a piece of content. In Documoto, there are three visibility settings for comments - All Users, My Organization Only, My Organization and All Below. Who is able to see a comment is dependent on two factors:
- The organization that the user that created the comment belongs to
- The visibility option that has been set for the comment
A user's organization and where that organization is found in your organization hierarchy determines visibility for any comment that is not set to be visible to All Users. If organizational hierarchy and inheritance in Documoto is not a familiar concept, check out this article: Common Organization Structures
The visibility setting applied to the comment, in relation to the user's organization that creates the comment, affects the comment's visibility in the following ways:
- All Users: all organizations within the tenant can see the comment.
- My Organization Only: the user's organization, and all organizations above it, can see the comment.
- My Organization and All Below: the user's organization, and all organizations above and below it, can see the comment.
Note: in order to see comments, a user must also belong to a
User Group that has the privilege to 'View Comments'.
How to Add Comments to Content
- Within Documoto, go to Admin Center > Content.
- Select the entity type (Parts, Pages, Media, or Templates) that you wish to add comments to.
- Search for and select the specific content entity you wish to edit.
- Click Comments and enter the comment in the text field.
- In the Visibility dropdown, select who can see the comment.
- Submit changes made.
How to Edit Existing Comments
- While viewing a comment, select Edit or click in the comment text box to enable the editor.
- Click Update to save edits.
How to Delete Comments
- While viewing a comment, select the Delete button.
- When the confirmation modal appears, select Delete to confirm.