This article details the different types of comments in Documoto and how organizational inheritance impacts who can see each type of comment.
Types of Comments
In Documoto, there are three privilege settings for comments - public, global and non-public. Who is able to see a comment is dependent on two factors:
- The organization, that the user that created the comment, belongs to
- The privilege type that has been set for the comment
A user's organization and where that organization is found in your organization hierarchy determines visibility for public comments and comments that are neither public or global. If organizational hierarchy and inheritance in Documoto is not a familiar concept, checkout this article: Organization Structures and Guidelines.
The type of comment, in relation to the user's organization that creates the comment, affects the comment's visibility in the following ways:
- Public Comment: the user's organization, and all organizations above and below it, can see the comment
- Global Comment: all organizations within the tenant can see the comment
- Neither Public nor Global: the user's organization, and all organizations above it, can see the comment
Note: in order to see comments, a user must also belong to a User Group that has the privilege to 'View Comments'.
How to Create a Comment
In the content viewers (part, page, chapter and media), users with the privilege to view comments will be able to click on a Comments tab to view comments. Additionally, users with the privilege to add or edit comments will have the ability to do so in the Comments tab.
Characters Not Supported in Comments
The following characters are not supported within the comments sections: