The Feedback Forum is a space for Documoto administrators and publishers to provide feedback and enhancement requests on Documoto Rocket, as well as vote on existing suggestions submitted by other Documoto customers. By providing feedback and voting on suggestions, our Product Management team can take this information into account when prioritizing the product roadmap.
- How to Access the Feedback Forum
- How to Use the Feedback Forum
- Email Notifications
How to Access the Feedback Forum
In order to access the Feedback Forum, you must be in User Group that has access to the Publisher, Organization Admin and/or Tenant Admin module.
- Log-in to Documoto Rocket in the Production environment
- From the Account drop-down, select Feedback Forum
- The Feedback Forum will open in a new browser tab.
Note: the Feedback Forum is hosted by a 3rd party application
Note: the Feedback Forum is limited to Documoto Rocket suggestions and enhancements.
How to Use the Feedback Forum
Once the Feedback Forum has been launched, a user can take any of the following actions:
- Submit a new request
- View a request's status
- Vote on existing suggestions
- Prioritize requests you've submitted and/or voted on
Each action is detailed below.
How to Submit a New Request
To submit a new request, click the button. Note that each feedback item should be limited to one request. In other words, please create a unique request for each piece of feedback. The Feedback Forum does not limit suggestions by user.
- Word your suggestion clearly enough so that other Documoto customers are able to perceive the benefit of your request and want to vote on it
- Include a use-case or example to demonstrate the value of your request
- Whenever possible, use Documoto terminology (refer to the Documoto Glossary)
- Refrain from using lingo that is specific to your business or industry as this may discourage other customers from different industries from voting on it.
- Attach relevant files or images, as necessary
When creating a new suggestion, the Feedback Forum will attempt to identify if your request is duplicative. If your request is already covered under an existing request, simply vote for the original instead. Feel free to add information or context in the Discussion section, by adding a comment.
Note: duplicative requests will be declined, and our Product Management team will add you as a voter to the existing request.
How to View a Request’s Status
All requests are viewable from the Feedback Forum’s ‘Dashboard’. Note that the Dashboard is also the landing page for the Feedback Forum. Suggestions are sorted into two views:
- Requested by others: suggestions that have been submitted by other Documoto Administrators and Publishers
- Requests you want: suggestions you have created and/or voted for
To view the status of a request, open the suggestion details by clicking on the request summary (indicated by blue text). Within a request, the status is viewable in the upper right.
- Not Reviewed: the request has not yet been reviewed by our Product Management team and is not yet visible to other Documoto customers
- Awaiting Feedback: our Product Management team is awaiting additional votes from other Documoto customers to gauge the demand for the request
- Released: the feature has been included in a Documoto release and is now available in the Documoto Product environment
- Note: all released requests are viewable under ‘Releases’ on the left navigation pane
- Declined: the request is duplicative, or the Documoto Product Management team has decided to not move forward with the request
- Note: declined requests are not viewable in the Dashboard
How to Vote on Existing Suggestions
As previously stated, all requests are viewable from the Feedback Forum’s Dashboard. While you can vote for requests in the Dashboard by clicking the button, we highly encourage you to view the suggestion details prior to voting.
Within the suggestion details, click to submit your vote. Please note, when you vote for a suggestion, you will receive email notifications, to the email address associated with your Documoto account, when the status of the request is updated by the Documoto Product Management team.
If applicable, please provide additional context to the Discussion by adding a comment.
How to Prioritize Your Requests
Once you have submitted and/or voted for a handful of suggestions, you can prioritize those requests on the right-hand side of the Dashboard. For each request, move the priority slider accordingly.
Note: priority is relative, based on the priority of other requests.
By default, you will receive an email notification when:
- A request you've submitted is updated or commented on
- A request you've voted on is updated or commented on
You can manage your email preferences by clicking the links in the footer of any email you receive from: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clicking 'Unsubscribe From This List' will remove your email address completely and you will no longer receive any emails from the Feedback Forum (Pendo)
- Clicking "Manage Email Preferences" will send you to the preferences page where you can select which emails you wish to receive and which you don't.