This article describes how to use the search features within Documoto’s Cloud Library and includes some tips and tricks for refining searches.
Use one of the 3 methods below to search within Documoto’s Cloud Library quickly and easily.
- Global Search: Use the search bar at the top of the homepage to look for books, chapters, pages, parts, documents, and media. Search by typing the name, identifier, or part number.
- Browse Flow: Search for content visually by selecting tiles on the home page to focus in on relevant content. Administrators will have established a browse flow that brings end users to their search results.
- Go to Search: When users select the Go to Search button, they will be able to view all content that has been made available to them in Documoto. This displays all entities including books, pages, parts, documents, external links, and videos. Use filters to narrow down search results.
Searching Tips and Tricks
- Select Contains or Exact Search: Contains will return results that have any of the individual words or phrases while Exact will find the exact string of characters similar to how a one would conduct and internet search with quotes around a search term.
- Refine Results Using Filters: After conducting a search in the search bar or using Go to Search, use the filters at the top of the search results to further refine. Type and Categories are system defaults while additional filters may be configured by an Administrator. Click Filters + to view and use additional filters. Use these filters to quickly find desired content be it page, part, book, or media. Click Clear Filters to remove all filters applied.
- Use Wildcard Searching: This is a useful feature if the user only knows the beginning or ending of a search term or value. Within the search bar use an asterisk symbol (*) before or after a value. For example, if the user knows a part ends in ‘109’, they could search *109 to wildcard search for parts ending in ‘109’.
- Apply Sort and View options: After conducting a search, users can sort results A-Z or Z-A based on Name, Identifier, Description, Type, Updated or sort by Most Relevant. The view of the search results can also be changed between List View and Table View based on user preference.