Publishers can automate the creation of hotpoint links on interactive pages within a book using Build Hotpoint Links.
While Build Hotpoint Links can help to rapidly create all of the hotpoint links needed for a book, administrators should pay close attention to the following:
- Existing hotpoint links will be deleted and new ones generated if you select a book that already has hotpoint links.
As a result, most publishers will either:
- Manually create hotpoint links instead of using Build Hotpoint Links
- Use Build Hotpoint Links and add any additional hotpoint links where the criteria below does not apply
Build Hotpoint Links Criteria
To properly use the Build Hotpoint Links feature, the page(s) included in a book must meet one of the following criteria:
- Page is tagged with a part number and supplier using the Assembly Number and Assembly Supplier tags (the Assembly Number and Assembly Supplier tags must exactly match a part number and supplier included on the page)
- Page name value contains a part number value in it.
Tip: if a hotpoint link is needed from a part to media, it
must be manually created and cannot be setup using the Build
Hotpoints Links feature
How to Use Build Hotpoint Links
- Within the Documoto Admin Center, go to Content > Media
- Search for the book using the Identifier or Name and select it from the search results
- Select Build Hotpoint Links from the sub-navigation menu
- Click Build Hotpoint Links